Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I know where my heart is

Tell me if you agree with my Present Endeavor. I am seeking the solution to my caregiver advocate dilemma. Obviously my tolerance for what I perceive as unacceptable delay (I started working on this after Linda's cancer in 2003) is low. I'm not trying to piss anybody off (please pardon my Spanish). I tend to get discouraged when I reach (again, what I see as) the perfect resolution of a problem only to find a new impasse. So I now try to wear my "obedient" caregiver's hat on MLBerg's ITN blog and all the rest (food for thought promoting outspoken disagreement with status quo, civil disobedience, unrest, etc) on the other MLBerg sites. For example, when the health insurance company's standard operating procedure is to deny a multitude of coverage and to do so numerous times (knowing some people will just give up) that is an occasion for objecting and infusing new reasons for hope.

Viewers to form their own opinions and pass judgment. Like it or not. We are judged by an enlightened audience.

Or don't tell me anything. The worst part of not receiving feedback is the difference between doing a great job and screwing things up royally is often just a matter of tweaks. The best part of experiencing horrible injustice is the loss of entitlement once reserved to be given to some folks, whether deserved or otherwise.

No comments: